Patrick's blog has moved to www.patrickriecke.com

Monday, January 12, 2009

The finger, the flu and the rest of my day

Today was amazing in great ways and not so great.

Just before we went to bed before a week of appointments and meetings, one of our boys woke up and started puking everywhere. We bedded him down in our room after that and he got up again at 12:45 am and did the same thing.

By 6 I was at a restaurant getting ready for the first appointment (with Eric Melby) of the week. Great breakfast and start to the week. Then it was off to mom and dad's to wash puked on stuff.

Then it was rearranging the meetings for the rest of the day because of the flu at our house.

Then two lunch meetings (btw- I was a Bob Evan's twice today)- both wen great.

Had a great lunch with Erick Riddle at Christ's Hope and Mike Kjergaard at Cedar Creek- wise and great men. They were a blessing and encouragement as we talked about our common goals in Christ.

Then tonight we had a meeting a small group of people that we are asking to consider joining the work. They were all great. It was a great night filled with questions and interest.

God is working amid my weakness.

Oh yea, the finger. I got flipped off in the car today for the first time in a little while. I guess I wasn't moving fast enough in the snow covered parking lot. He gave me the finger for about 20 straight seconds. I kept trying to catch his eye so I could smile at him, but he wouldn't look at me.

As I pulled away, I just started laughing. Not laughing at him, but just at the crazy twists of life- the flu, staying in this great house, God's clear leading and provision, people jumping on board, the tons of work.... and in the middle of it all--- I get the hand gesture that I gave out too frequently when I was in high school.

God's grace. That's the only common demoninator I find in today.

Hope his grace is as evident in your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment