Patrick's blog has moved to www.patrickriecke.com

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Roller Coaster

Tomorrow begins a week that we have been looking forward to for some time. I have 4 meetings tomorrow- with our worship leader, a potential board member, two area ministers and our launch team. More ministers the next day. After that, our financial guy, another minister, and my entire family. Then another ministry contact, a potential financial partner, a couple other potential board members and a couple more potential financial partners.

We went to Crossbridge Community Church this morning- they meet at the YMCA. Met Dan, their senior minister, his wife Kim, the worship minister (a fellow Northrop grad) and his wife Becky. We talked (while each entertaining questions from our respective children hovering around) after service for about half and hour. They were great and very excited to have someone else in the area working towards a similar goal- reaching people for the Kingdom.

This afternoon, as I was driving just a bit before reaching the Expresso Gallery (The Mill) on Dupont Road by Kroger, where I am typing this, I was praying. Not for me. Not for launch team members. Not for potential funds. Not for a board, meeting site, or bylaws that need to be written.

I was praying for the neighborhoods I was passing.

Neighborhoods full of people who need Christ's love in their lives.

We can't reach all of them... or can we? I guess that's God's call...
But even it cannot reach all of them, we can reach some. And by God's grace we will.

We got the fireplace and hot tub working in our new home today. We aren't living there yet, but just staying the week there.

I have images of having new friends in that living room- with the fire going- and sharing Christ's love with them.

I have visions of sitting in the hot tub with my wife and a couple on our leadership team rejoicing over the people who have been growing in Christ.

I walk through the about-to-be-finished basement and know that there will be countless appointments, sermons, conversations, meetings, and counseling sessions in that home office.

More and more I am...

Humbled.

Corinthians calls us God's ambassadors and tells us that we have the message of reconciliation. Then it also says that God has put this surpassingly great message of reconciliation in Jars of Clay so that it would be apparent that the message comes form God and not from us.

Please pray that:
  • God gives me clarity in these appointments
  • That God helps me build bridges
  • That ministry doors begin opening wider and wider


No comments:

Post a Comment