Patrick's blog has moved to www.patrickriecke.com

Monday, May 11, 2009

A Way to Reach Out

I think we all intrinsically ask the God questions. Does he exist? What is he like? How is he known? Does he like me? Why is there so much evil?

I think the people we interact with everyday naturally ask themselves these questions.

And like anything else that comes up in our minds, we have to have our way that we deal with it or it makes our heads explode.

There are a lot of us who deal with it like this...

"Does God exist? What is he like? To find out, where should I go? I guess I should go to church. But which church? What will I find there? Church people kinda creep me out and don't seem to be doing much better than me. So why would I want to go there?"

When we have dealt with friends who had a host of criticisms about the church, we have talked about taking the bullets out of their guns.

Some friends who are homosexuals believe that 'God hates fags' is the mantra of the church and therefore of the traditional Christian God.

However, when they have found Christians that actually love them and treasure them as friends, that excuse for keeping God is taken away.

I had a sense this morning.

You see, I go to Bob Evan's. A lot.

I count at least 12 times this year (and we lived in KY until March).

And when I walked in this morning, I got the sense that the workers there are starting to recognize me- in a good way.

You see, I leave good tips (even though I am broke personally:)). And I leave my card about Triple Pointe Church. And I remember people's names and situations. And I have asked some of them if I can pray for them.

Going the same place.
All the time.
Gives us an ability to make a greater impact for Jesus.

If there is a worker at Bob's that has animosity towards the church, my kindness, prayers, and good tips are helping that to go away. And maybe they are seeing that God is kind, that he cares, and that he is generous.

No comments:

Post a Comment