Patrick's blog has moved to www.patrickriecke.com

Friday, February 20, 2009

Church Planter/Door Greeter

Tonight we went to First Church. They had a movie night for adults- FIREPROOF. And a Christian juggler (?) for the kids (which our oldest loved).

But we got there about 45 minutes early (just Kristen and DP and me, the others were home with Aunt MiMi).

Kristen was working a table and DP and I jumped in to be door greeters. He took the one side and I took the other. He was pumped about it and did a great job (until it was time for kids stuff to start).

It was great. I am a church planter now and I got to open the door and say "Welcome to First Church- do you know where you're going?" Because there were a lot new people- including a family we invited.

Welcome to the church- can I help you find your way around?

Hmm. Sounds like a good role, man. Welcome to the church. Come on in, let me help you out.

Sorry if this is incoherent, I'm pretty tired. There something signifcant here, I hope you see it.

Love to all!
Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment