Patrick's blog has moved to www.patrickriecke.com

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Opportunities

So, spent about 3 1/2 hours with the local fire chief this morning. And no, my kids did not set anything on fire. He and his wife are a part of our class at church. He was the fire chief in Bloomington, IN at age 30. He had a few things to say about being a leader when you are still young.

Wonderful opportunity for me to learn from a godly man.

So, if last year at this time you would have told me that I would have the opportunity to have personal connections with a bunch of church planters from Fort Wayne, Northern KY and inner city Cinci, have breakfast several times with one of the founders of Promise Keepers and personal counsel from one of the world's leading authorities on the gospel of John, with a fire chief thrown in for good measure...

I'd have said, "only if God wills."

He did.

Thanks, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment