Patrick's blog has moved to www.patrickriecke.com

Friday, February 6, 2009

I can talk inside my brain


So, the other day I am driving back from a friend's house. We had stopped over and picked up some boxes from them. The boys had played pretty hard and it was close to bedtime, so they were uncharacteristically quiet as we drove along the dark back Kentucky road through the paths of snow.

Until my middle son spoke up.

"Hey guys, guess what?" (Read with the 4 year old lisp in place)

"What?" say my 6 year old and 3 year old.

"I can talk inside my bwain."

"What?" I ask.

Quiet.

Then, laughing, "I was just doin it. I can talk inside my bwain."

Me- "You can talk inside your brain?"

Him, laughing, "Yeah!"

Everyone starts giggling.

Me- "Did you just notice that?"

More giggling.

Me- "Isn't it amazing how God made us so that we can talk inside our brains? I have to be honest, guys, these days Daddy does a lot of talking inside his brain."

To me, what we are doing right now is getting our "inside the bwain" talking out into group talking. I talked for some time on the phone the other night to a good friend who had a great idea about a name for the new minsitry. Whether or not we adopt this particular name, it was a refining conversation about why we are doing what we are doing.

More, please.

"Patrick is doing a lot of talking inside his own brain." But I need more talking outside my brain. I know that many of you are talking inside your brain about some of these concepts and actions.

Would you please let that brain talk out? You don't have to be right, just thoughtful.

Hit me up. Call me. Email me. Make a comment on here.

Let's turn some of our brain talking into group talk. It's what separates us from the mental patients (and not much else).

No comments:

Post a Comment