Patrick's blog has moved to www.patrickriecke.com

Thursday, April 2, 2009

60 chairs


Craiglist is a beautiful thing. I think we are getting hooked on it. We sold our car on it last spring (yes, I said car). This week we did something else.

We bought 60 chairs. They are the foldable, stackable kind. Very similar to what you might find at an outdoor auction or wedding reception.

They're in ok shape. But here's the nice thing- the price. We got the 60 chairs for $80. New they would be over $17 each. We paid... (hold on while I get a calculator...) $1.34 each.

As I was powerwashing them all (with much help from my oldest son) yesterday, I was thinking about how we will use these. They were sitting in rows in the driveway. The driveway forms perfect theatre seating if you put a screen down by the sidewalk... neighborhood kids' movies?

Backyard parties.

Meetings in the basement.

Extra chairs for Sunday morning services.

So, that made me pray. I was praying as I was powerwashing. Praying for people who might sit in these seats someday and need to submit to Jesus for the first time.

It's so much more than just cheap chairs.

BTW- Powerwashing 60 chairs in your driveway in an affluent subdivision draws some interesting looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment