Patrick's blog has moved to www.patrickriecke.com

Saturday, April 4, 2009

It's like slowly turning a corner

As of later today (hopefully) I will have all the course work done for 2 of my 3 classes this semester. Then I have one long project in the third and I will be 100% done with all my course work for my Masters.

Things are getting in place for the ministry. CCLI liscensing, 501c3 status, relationships with area churches, research, relational connections, the launch team, facility, fundraising, the website...

All these things are now at least begun.

And it's April. The ticker that is counting down to our hard launch on September 13 is not adding any days.

I woke up this morning with a little more of a realization that in just over 5 months I am going to primarily be a church planter/pastor, not student.

"Oh God, you are my God. And I will ever praise you... I will seek you in the morning and learn to walk in your ways... and step by step you lead me, and I will follow you all of my days."

I sing that to my boys every night when I put them to bed.

Step

by

Step

The vision is clear... lead people who aren't following Jesus to LOVE GOD (through obedience to Jesus Christ, particularly in areas of access to God), GROW TOGETHER (because Christian maturity doesn't happen in a vacuum), and SERVE OTHERS (because selflessness is the goal of the gospel).

We take steps everyday to see this vision become a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment