Patrick's blog has moved to www.patrickriecke.com

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Am I a bad dad or minister?

So, we had planned to go to an area church this morning that we have never been to.

Naturally, it's Father's Day (hopefully you were already aware of this).

So, Kristen asked me what I really wanted to do.

I said I really didn't want to go to church....

I would rather take some time as a family and to the the local park with a cooler of popsicles and give them out as an act of love in Christ's name and maybe meet some new people.

Which we did. And met a family and had a great talk.

So, did we go to church today?

Hmm, we served. We prayed for the peple we might meet. We also prayed in the backyard this morning at about 11:00 for a new church- Disciples Church that launched today in Folsom, CA.

You be the judge- did we go to church?

No comments:

Post a Comment